What are college-based transition program?
Programs that provide you with different post-school experiences. They could include independent living, educational programs, and training to prepare for work. Ideally, college-based transition programs include….
- A chance to stay overnight in a college dorm where you can learn skills to be on your own.
- Learning in the classroom, as well as on campus.
- Exploring and trying out real jobs on campus to see what you like the most.
- Connecting you with other youth who can help mentor you as you plan for life after high school.
College-based transition programs result in…
- Positive relationships with others.
- Helping you know what you want to do after high school, especially with education and work.
- Helping you learn to be on your own.