What are paid work experiences?
A paid job or internship at a business in your community. It allows you to gain work experience and job skills while in school. Ideally, paid work experiences…
- Match you with jobs that align with your interests, work skills, and goals.
- Are supported by school districts, OVR, or Career Link.
- Are paid minimum wage or above.
- Are in the community where you live.
- Provide you with supports, such as job coaches and technology.
- Have assigned mentors or supervisors who can provide support when needed.
- Provide valuable experience for you to get future jobs.
Paid work experiences result in…
- School, agency, and business partnerships.
- Identifying what work is meaningful to you.
- Learning skills to manage yourself on the job and get along with bosses and co-workers.
- Developing job skills while still in school.
- Educating businesses about the value of hiring and investing in youth.
- Helping business build an inclusive work environment.
0% Complete 0/5 Steps