What are career clubs?
School-based extracurricular clubs based upon specific careers or professions. They help you plan for work after high school. Ideally, career clubs involve...
- ALL students interested in specific careers.
- A teacher, adult in the community, and/or a business professional with experience in various careers.
- Having students run the club, focused on careers.
- Students grouped with similar interests.
- Meeting on a regular basis.
- Opportunities to learn through hands-on experience.
- Employers engaged in the specific profession to talk about careers, expectations, hiring processes, etc.
- Career mentors and job shadowing opportunities for students.
- Community engagement.
Career clubs result in...
- In-depth and hands-on learning about careers through fun activities and events.
- Opportunities for you to engage socially and learn about each other.
- Youth leadership skills.
- Learning about career opportunities and requirements.
- Developing your career goals.
- Job readiness skills, such as preparing applications, resumes, cover letters, interviews, and follow-up.
- A plan for you to prepare for a career.
0% Complete 0/5 Steps