What is independent living skills development?
Learning how to manage everyday responsibilities for life after high school. Ideally, independent living skill development…
- Prepares you to think about and plan for where you want to live.
- Helps you to learn the skills needed to get along with others.
- Helps you to learn about the kinds of supports that you would like to have.
- Prepares you to be successful in living on your own so that you can have the kind of life that you want and deserve.
Independent living skill development results in…
- Having good health and hygiene.
- Being able to manage money and pay bills.
- Managing your time and planning for what you need to do.
- Being safe and independent.