What is postsecondary and college planning?
What are your hopes and dreams for the future? Do you want to be a scientist? A teacher? A business owner? Postsecondary education will help you build the knowledge and skills that you’ll need to get into the career that you’re most passionate about! There are many options for education and training after high school, and college is just one of them! Your transition team will help you figure how these different programs and options match your strengths, goals, interests and needs!
Postsecondary and college planning includes…
- Learning about yourself to know what career you want after high school.
- Exploring education choices after high school to prepare you for a career.
- Taking required high school courses and getting good grades.
- Developing your decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Learning how to be on your own. Develop skills like organizing, managing your time, taking care of yourself, and studying.
- Standing up for yourself and asking for the supports you need.
- Understanding the demands of postsecondary education. Learn how it is different from high school.
- Connecting with agencies that can help you continue in your education.
- Learning how to manage your money. Plan for how to pay for education after high school.
This postsecondary and college planning results in…
- Knowing your career goals.
- Getting the courses and grades that allow you to further your education.
- Applying for and getting accepted into an education program.
- Deciding how to pay for your education.
- Being eligible for and receiving services from agencies, like vocational rehabilitation.
- Developing your skills to succeed in school.
- Knowing what you need to succeed.
- Knowing how to ask for supports.
0% Complete 0/7 Steps